Thursday, March 6, 2014

~ sow love, grow love ~



Well I can happily remove another project from my to do list. I love this pattern, it's another that is fun, easy and works up fast. I used Lion Cotton for the scarf. I love this color green. The shade seems perfect for giving a botanical feeling. Once I finished, it reminded me of a stalk of some sorts and I knew I wanted to add something to it. I initially thought of tiny rosettes; but as I retrieved it I thought of tiny hearts. I found a pattern here for little hearts but they turned out to be not little enough so I made the following adjustments to steps 1 and 2 of the original pattern:

1. magic loop, ch1
2. 2hdc, 2sc, ch1, 2sc, 2hdc, ch1 into the ring

I used Sugar & Cream Cotton Solids for them. It took a while to sew them all on but it was fun and I like the result. These both are more tried and true patterns to add to my go to list. Should you decide to give either of them a try, I hope you enjoy one or both of them as much as I did.

Happy Heartful Crafting,
Mia